Here are a few suggested items to bring while staying at our retreat centre.
- A smile or two
- Towel for showering or beach – we provide all bedding, pillows, duvets
- Flashlight – we provide one in each cabin
- Alarm clock
- Ear plugs (if needed)
- Layered clothing for the season
- Sunscreen, bug repellent
- Slippers (no outer footwear in the centre, we will provide slippers if needed and barefoot is fine too)
- Water bottle – if you want to hike, but you’re welcome to take glasses to your cabin
- Travel mug – if you want hot tea/coffee to stay hot in your cabin longer than our ceramic mugs will
- Waterproof footwear – if you plan to hike or if your visit is spring or late fall the ground can be muddy
- Comfortable clothing – let yourself relax, nothing formal here:)
- camera (wildlife abounds)
Sugar Ridge is a casual outdoor atmosphere. Our four seasons require varied and appropriate clothing. Winter brings a lot of snow and requires snow boots, hats, mitts etc. The spring can bring lots of rain and mud so please make sure you have the appropriate footwear. We’re a short drive from incredible beaches so in the summer bring your bathing suit and beach gear.
Please avoid the use of scented toiletries while here. We provide organic, unscented shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the showers but any personal toiletries you’ll need to bring your own. There are hair dryers in the washrooms for your use as well.
Any valuables not needed for your stay should be left at home. We’ve never had anything stolen here but to give yourself one less thing to worry about, just bring what you need.
Sugar Ridge is a smoke-free facility. If you smoke please ensure you’re a fair distance from the building so that smoke doesn’t drift in through open windows. Please do not leave cigarette butts on the ground but rather put them in the garbage after extinguishing.
Please note the retreat centre is located at 5720 Forgets Road and not 5790 (that’s our residence and GPS systems send everyone there).
Once you are settled into your cabin, please park your car in the parking lot. Not seeing cars helps to retreat a little more from the busyness of home, and the driveway is a fire route so needs to be kept clear.
If you have any questions or concerns during your stay please feel free to speak to Liz & Kurt and we’ll do our best to take care of your needs.
Enjoy yourself while here!