Here’s a cold soup for the hot weather! This gazpacho is raw and vegan and, though it is good anytime, it makes a great side for a summer meal.
- approx 3 cups of watermelon, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh mint
- In a blender or food processor, place about half of the watermelon, cucumber, pepper, and onion and all of the jalapeno. Add olive oil and lemon juice and puree until smooth.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add to pureed ingredients and stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill for at least one hour, to allow flavors to combine, and stir well before serving.
- Add lemon juice, salt etc. to taste before serving.