This salad is so pretty to look at, easy to create, and incredibly healthy for your brain, your blood, your whole body really!
- 6 cups (more or less) curly kale leaves, thick stems removed and leaves torn
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp mushed avocado
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted & cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 small green apple, cored and sliced into thin pieces
- 3 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup red cabbage finely sliced
- ½ cup broccoli in tiny florets
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Flesh of one avocado
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine kale, lime juice, 1 tbsp mushed avocado and 1⁄2 tsp each salt and pepper. Use your hands to massage mixture into kale, until leaves have wilted just slightly. Transfer to a serving platter. (If you’re in a hurry to serve this you can chop the kale quickly rather than tear it).
- Prepare dressing: In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients and 3 tbsp water (more or less as needed) and blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute. Taste this and see if it needs anything – more ginger, honey or salt, maybe a dash of tamari… As with any salad dressing you need to make it taste the way you like it – never just follow the recipe!
- Gently mix 2/3 of the dressing with broccoli florets, red cabbage, avocado chunks, and apple and spoon over top kale. Top with pumpkin seeds, fresh blueberries and any sprouts you have (optional so don’t sweat it).
- If you’re not vegan you can add feta cheese.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over top of your gorgeous creation and enjoy!