Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 medium bananas)
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, sunflower/pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 12-muffin muffin tin.
- Put the milk, apple sauce, maple syrup and bananas in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add the banana mixture and combine, using as few strokes as possible so you do not overmix the batter. Fold in the cranberries and nuts/seeds.
- Scrape into the muffin tin and smooth the tops. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.