1 pkg. ladyfinger biscuits
3/4 c. freshly brewed coffee, cooled
3 tbsp. sugar
Mix coffee and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
Vegan Mascarpone Filling
1 3/4 c. raw cashews (no need to soak)
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. non-dairy milk
In a blender, combine cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, vanilla and milk. Blend thoroughly until smooth and silky.
Divide mixture in half into two small bowls.
Vanilla Cream & Coffee Cream
1/4 c. non-dairy milk
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/3 c. freshly brewed coffee, cooled
Vanilla Cream Filling
Use first half of mixture, thoroughly whisking in extra 1/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Set aside.
Coffee Cream Filling
Blend second half of the vegan mascarpone mixture with coffee.
- Dip ladyfingers in soaking syrup for just a second or two and place into the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish.
- Top with a layer of Vanilla Cream and dust with cocoa. At this point, freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the freezer, top with a layer of Coffee Cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Repeat process once more – soaked biscuits, Vanilla Cream and Coffee Cream – freezing cream layers for 10 minutes before continuing.
- Once complete, dust the tops with cocoa powder and leave in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours to firm up before eating.