This yummy summer salad has a creamy ginger and lime dressing – you’ll want to make it again and again!
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked until soft, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (approx. 2 teaspoons)
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch fresh ground pepper
- Place all ingredients except garlic and ginger in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger to the blender. Pulse until well combined.
- 5 cups carrot ribbons (approximately 4 carrots)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (only the white part)
- ½ cup fine dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 sprigs cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- To make shaved carrots, just use your veggie peeler and peel carrots into ribbons.
- Toss together the carrots and scallions.
- Pour dressing over carrot mixture and toss to combine.
- Portion the carrot salad on plates and top with dried coconut and cilantro. A bit of fresh pepper is nice too!