Late summer would not be the same without fresh corn on the cob. It makes all of the sweltering days seem worthwhile… almost.
Try this recipe for a delicious way to add some zest to your next barbeque!
Grilling the Corn
- 4 ears of corn (more or less as desired)
- Fully husk the corn cobs and clean off any silk left behind.
- Grill the cobs similarly to “with husks”, on medium-high heat, rolling every few minutes and they will be done when the cobs are tender and steaming.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (more or less to your taste)
- lime wedges
- Mix the 5 spices together to make an Indian spice blend. Place spice blend on a flat plate (to roll the cob in) or in a small bowl with a spoon or into a shaker.
- Rub the steaming corn with a wedge of lime, or coat with margarine, and then roll or sprinkle on spices. If you prefer to coat with margarine, then spices you can squeeze a lime wedge over it. Anyway you prepare it will be yummy!
- the corn can also be boiled if you do not have a grill or want to cook it quickly.