- 2 cups dried kidney beans, cooked (6 cups cooked, or 3 cans)
- 1 1/2 cups dried black beans cooked (4 cups cooked, or 2 cans)
- 4 cups butternut squash, about a 2-3 pound squash
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped peppers
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 4 tbsp chili seasoning or more depending on how spicy you like it (you can make our own blend to your preferences. See recipe below.)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 28oz can of tomatoes or 4 cups of fresh chopped tomatoes
- Additional water if needed
- 2 cups organic frozen corn
- For Serving: some Sriracha or your favourite hot sauce, fresh scallions or avocado slices if desired.
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground chilies or red chili powder (this is the pure stuff)
Place all ingredients into pot at once, simmer on low, until liquid is absorbed, and chili has cooked down, about 1 1/2 hours.
Serve over brown rice and topped with avocado slices and hot sauce, if desired.
- Very high in fiber! Almost 19 g per serving! Helps to regulate blood sugar, reduce blood pressure, increate satiety, great for diabetics, and aids in digestive health.
- High in plant-based protein, 19 g! Great for healing and repairing tissues.
- No cholesterol, and virtually no fat (none added), great for heart health and diabetes.
- Outstanding source of potassium, 1,442 mg, and magnesium-both are important for heart health and lower blood pressure. Potassium aids in nervous system and kidney function.
- Awesome source of Vitamin A, 276% DV-an antioxidant that helps with dental, bone, eye, hair, and skin health.
- Great source of Vitamin C, 171% Vitamin C.
- High source of plant-based iron, 34% iron, important for oxygenation of blood Great source of plant-based calcium, which is better absorbed by the body than from animal sources, 15%, important for bone and dental health.