Do you think life has more to offer?
Do you face difficult situations that cause you ongoing stress and grief?
Want to change that?
Experience the power of one of our immersive retreats. These retreats can be the perfect tonic to a busy year, a wonderful starting point for a new direction in life, or a place to focus, refine or define your current life goals and get on track with tools to help you achieve them.
Our retreats provide you with the tools, the encouragement, the environment and the support to experience the full power of your potential.
You need a retreat if you:
- At times feel that life is just one big rush, feel overwhelmed or think you never get everything done
- Are short-tempered with people you love or feel bitter towards work colleagues
- Find it difficult to get a good nights sleep.
- Have unhealthy eating habits or want to lose a few pounds
- Wonder about mindfulness and feel curious enough to experience it learn to integrate it into your daily life.
- Want to feel more joy in life
- Want to feel more connected to those around you
- Want to feel more grateful, kinder and healthier
- Want to experience more clarity of thinking
- Struggle with depression, anxiety or difficult emotions like grief, anger and resentment
- You know everyone’s favourite food but your own
- Feel guilty to leave your family alone
- Compare yourself to others in a negative way
You will leave the retreat with:
- More present moment awareness and have the tools to get back there when you are not
- Feeling more connected to those around you
- Feeling more grateful, kinder and healthier
- More clarity of thinking
- Skills to de-stress and reduce the feeling of overwhelm
- Increased awareness and ability to manage your thoughts & feelings
- Understand how to engage and use the breath to relax and come into calm
- Improved sense of self-confidence and self-esteem
- Feeling relaxed and invigorated
At Sugar Ridge, quality time means me time.
Immersive retreats at Sugar Ridge allow you time and space to step away from the chaos of daily living and see things in a new light. You can gain new perspectives and new skills to deal with difficulties. Allow yourself to be nurtured in a friendly, supportive setting immersed in nature and positive vibes. If you’ve lost touch with yourself and want to reconnect, we have a getaway for you!
The following list of retreats categorizes them by type of retreat, length of stay and retreat content.
We know a longer getaway isn’t always possible so we offer day-long workshops as well.
Usually, a day workshop is from 9 – 4ish.
The Art of Healing with Arrole Lawrence
Sacred Journey Retreat with Liz Frost & Friends
Transformation Immersion – Week Long Retreats – It takes time to learn new tricks! It takes a few days for your body to feel the effects of fresh air, healthy eating and good sleep. And it takes time to learn new skills and practice putting them into effect.
Our retreats are anything but typical! Each week includes daily workshops to learn new skills to respond to your life rather than live in reaction mode. The food is yummy and good for you too: organic, plant based and nutritious without compromising any flavour. Enjoy optional daily yoga and meditation options to round out the day. Meet like-minded people and leave feeling in charge of your life.
During longer retreats with self-development as the focus, you will leave the retreat more connected to your true nature, feel aligned with what inspires you and move forward into your life.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a wonderful introduction to using meditation as a stress reduction technique. We offer it as a week-long intensive program. Side effects include inner peace, ditching stress, personal growth, mental calmness and improvement with mood. This week is offered three times a year with upcoming dates of:
Mindfulness – Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Week Retreat
Juice and Soup Detox Week – this isn’t a fast, it’s a feast. Give digestion a break, nourish your body with nutrient packed meals, learn about holistic nutrition, relax with daily yoga, meditation, laughter and new friends. You’ll learn how to eat in a way that serves your body – no more dieting!
Liz Frost M.A. Ed, RP, is a mindfulness coach, certified yoga teacher and Registered Psychotherapist (RP) in the Midland, Ontario area. She has studied with Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli of the Centre for Mindfulness, Norman Feldman, Lee Lesser and most recently with Shinzen Young.
Liz was introduced to meditation in the early 90’s and found yoga as a form of meditation. With a foundation in meditation and somatic based psychotherapy, she incorporates mindfulness into yoga practice. She is co-owner of Sugar Ridge and devotes her time and energy to making the world a more peaceful place.
Jenny has been teaching yoga and strength movement for over 20 years. In addition to being an elementary school teacher, Jenny has spent the last 2 decades immersed in the wellness industry. To date, she has owned a studio, taught at the college level, organized international retreats and held a Regional Coordinator role for Canada’s largest fitness company. Over the years Jenny has cultivated a style that is undeniably her own, blending influence from Eastern philosophy and wisdom, yet deeply rooted in anatomy & the belief that every body is unique and therefore must be guided accordingly in movement modalities. Jenny is known for her engaging teaching style and truly authentic approach to life. She is the founder of BodyBalanced Wellness and has successfully graduated YTT participants for the past 10 years.