Feed your soul! Follow your heart! Find your way!
Eat, Move, Love, Thrive!
Welcome to Sugar Ridge, where you are invited to relax into being. Let go of doing and just be. Take time for yourself to do whatever makes your heart sing. Leave feeling more like yourself. Rejuvenate and create healthy habits! One habit we like to encourage is mindful eating. We don’t believe in dieting, but we do believe in paying attention. Noticing how your body feels when you eat a certain way. Noticing your mood.
- Feeling more presence and greater sense of calm
- Increased ability to regulate emotions
- Interrupt disturbing emotions and thoughts before overwhelmed and reactive
- Create a genuine sense of internal freedom
- Find natural alignment with your weight and food intake
- Healing old pains and overcoming dislike of the body
- Increased self compassion, self-acceptance
- Decreases in food cravings
- Reduced distorted thinking about food/eating
- Reduced body image concerns
- Reduced emotional eating
- Cognitive restraint around eating
Mindful eating leads to natural decreases in weight, binge eating, depression and perceived stress.
We love to eat and we love to feed people. Meals served here are simple, super yummy, organic, healthy and good for the planet (because they’re vegetarian). No need to do the dishes but you can cook if you want to. Many of our food based retreats include cooking classes (optional of course). We round out eating retreats with other healthy habits like yoga, meditation, forest hikes, canoeing or skiing. Celebrate nature of which you are part.
Fri, Feb 19 – Sun, Feb 21, 2021
Sun, Feb 21 – Fri, Feb 26, 2021
Sun, Nov 7 – Fri, Nov 12, 2021
Liz Frost M.A. Ed, RP, is a mindfulness coach, certified yoga teacher and Registered Psychotherapist (RP) in the Midland, Ontario area. She has studied with Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli of the Centre for Mindfulness, Norman Feldman, Lee Lesser and most recently with Shinzen Young.
Liz was introduced to meditation in the early 90’s and found yoga as a form of meditation. With a foundation in meditation and somatic based psychotherapy, she incorporates mindfulness into yoga practice. She is co-owner of Sugar Ridge and devotes her time and energy to making the world a more peaceful place.