Whether you are in need of some space to think and reflect or are looking to nurture yourself in a spiritual and peaceful environment, this silent retreat provides the setting to return to yourself.
Celebrate the renewal of spring by absorbing the gentle sounds of nature that will surround you. Time in silence helps you to feel revitalized by taking a break from the stress of daily life.
In the stillness of silence you can reconnect with your inner wisdom and sort out the mental chatter of daily life, contemplate questions you may be avoiding or gain clarity of thought.
Taking a break from communication is a gift we give each other on retreat. No need for small talk or wondering what to say. The silence isn’t heavy and punishing, it’s welcome and light.
You will have the opportunity to meet other retreat participants at the beginning of the retreat and we will begin silence after dinner on the first day. There is plenty of time to ask questions or clarify any concerns you may have before we’re silent.
Ways to communicate, if necessary, will be explained with the initial orientation session after arrival. Materials for writing notes are available and of course you can use any electronics you need as long as it’s out of earshot of others. It’s up to you whether you have time free of electronics or not.
Do you wonder what the heck you do on a silent retreat – isn’t it boring? Isn’t it difficult to be quiet? Yes, and no.
With the silence comes clarity of thought, concentration and insights into motivation and attention. Without distractions of communication, you can focus on your own thoughts, become more self-aware and grow a little more, developing equanimity with all the background noise of the environment, other people, and become more mindful of physical sensations.
We will spend time with the following activities:
– Meditate – sitting, walking, eating & working are all forms of meditation
– Personal practice of movement such as yoga or tai chi; done in silence and without instruction
– Read spiritually uplifting books
– Enjoy natural beauty – walk from the Centre through forest trails
– Connect with others in a deeper way – through shared experience without talking about it
– Be nurtured by friendly staff and supportive teacher
– Rest, recuperate and have time for reflection & napping
– Enjoy delicious, organic vegetarian meals to nourish your body
The 5 or 7 night options satisfy the MBSR facilitator training requirement for attending a silent retreat. We also offer our Silent Meditation Retreat in July, September and November. Links to our those dates are below: