Eat Well Retreats Retreats
Welcome to Sugar Ridge, where you are invited to relax into being. Let go of doing and just be. Take time for yourself to do whatever makes your heart sing. Leave feeling more like yourself. Rejuvenate and create healthy habits! One habit we like to encourage is mindful eating. We don’t believe in dieting, but we do believe in paying attention. Noticing how your body feels when you eat a certain way. Noticing your mood. Mindful Eating Retreats provide you with a way of changing your relationship with your body, weight and food forever.
These retreats are ideal for you if are sick of the relentless inner dialogue about your body and food, and if you’d like to stop dieting forever and allow your body to find its natural weight. The benefits of reconnecting with your body include:
- Feeling more presence and a greater sense of calm
- Increased ability to regulate emotions
- Interrupt disturbing emotions and thoughts before overwhelmed and reactive
- Create a genuine sense of internal freedom
- Find natural alignment with your weight and food intake
- Healing old pains and overcoming dislike of the body
- Increased self-compassion, self-acceptance
Mindfulness is correlated to a lower incidence of obesity, increased physical activity, and reduced binge eating. After a mindful eating program people experience:
- Decreases in food cravings
- Reduced distorted thinking about food/eating
- Reduced body image concerns
- Reduced emotional eating
- Cognitive restraint around eating
Mindful eating leads to natural decreases in weight, binge eating, depression and perceived stress.
We love to eat and we love to feed people. Meals served here are simple, super yummy, organic, healthy and good for the planet (because they’re vegetarian). No need to do the dishes but you can cook if you want to. Many of our food-based retreats include cooking classes (optional of course). We round out eating retreats with other healthy habits like yoga, meditation, forest hikes, canoeing or skiing. Celebrate nature of which you are part.
Upcoming Eat Well Retreats Retreats
Sorry, no results were found.
Feeling lighter, rested and ready to face life.
Just did the juice and soup week. Feeling lighter, rested and ready to face life. Things to do: (or not) yoga, meditation, forest walks, discussions about food and nutrition, opportunty to learn in the kitchen. Liz, Kurt and staff: thank you.March 4, 2018