We’ve got plenty of space for social distancing here at Sugar Ridge! Looking for a place to get some needed R&R? Enjoy a private cabin surrounded by the sounds of nature. Breathe fresh air and sleep deeply. A few days with a good book and a comfy bed can work wonders.
To adhere to the current restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID19, we have various protocols in place to allow social distancing while you enjoy the ambiance of this natural setting. We have plenty of space to hike and play outside or to safely enjoy a meal in the dining room at a distance from others. You can escape here to recharge and leave feeling revitalized. Climb a tree if you want!
We have always catered to individuals wanting a private getaway but many people think we only host groups. Current restrictions allow small groups of 10 and private stays for individuals or people who live together. We can create a stay that suits your needs and ensure social distancing protocols are in place for you.
Here’s what we’re doing while restrictions are in place:
- we’ve always been clean freaks so the change in cleaning routines is to add frequent wiping of door handles and surfaces which guests may come into contact with
- staff are always washing hands, especially in the kitchen but now we wash between tasks of cleaning one cabin before going to the next cabin, after cleaning the studio or wiping down high traffic areas etc.
- guests stay in a private cabin – this is always the norm when not part of a group retreat but we want to clarify that fact
- it’s easy to have a contactless arrival and departure (although we’re used to hugging we are managing to restrain ourselves:)
- we have a 72 hour vacancy period after a cabin is used, cleaned, disinfected, linens changed etc.
- guests are assigned a shower and toilet to use during their stay to minimize sharing facilities
- we ask that guests allow 1 person to be in the washroom common space at a time even though there’s plenty of room for more – that might mean waiting in your shower area for someone else to enter or exit the room
- we ask that guests wash their hands both before and after using the washroom facilities to prevent any potential touch of surfaces
- meals are served depending on the guests on site – people love our casual buffet style of serving but if you are here when another guest is present we will plate meals to avoid sharing of serving utensils, but you can still eat as much as you want:)
- If more than 10 guests are on site, meal times will be assigned to allow for a maximum of 10 guests to share the dining room (which seats 40 so there’s plenty of room) or patio (which seats 12) at any time, and of course tables etc. are wiped down between meals and between different guests using the space
- we ask that guests wash their hands before eating, using the tea service area or the yoga studio
- although we aren’t teaching any group yoga classes inside now, guests are welcome to use the studio for their own yoga practice and asked to wipe down any props used with mat spray provided
- and of course, we screen guests to ensure people are symptom free, are not immune compromised and haven’t recently traveled before arrival
- staff are treated like family here and if anyone felt symptoms of any illness, they are supported to stay home and their job is never in jeopardy
- we do not require guests to wear masks since it’s easy to have space between people here but guests are encouraged to bring their own masks if they want. It is recommended to wear a mask if you will be closer than 6′ from another guest who is not a family member or someone you reside with
Whether you want to deepen your personal meditation practice or just sleep deeply, we will cater to your needs. You can use the studio when it’s available for your own practice or book a private Yoga or meditation class. Personal life coaching or more in depth psychotherapy is also available. Open all four seasons, you will find a uniqueness to every visit with an abundance of outdoor activities on the property and in the area.
Nourish your body with whole foods, prepared with love and catering to your food sensitivities. If you want to fast we will nourish you in other ways. If you are fasting we ask that you check in with us once a day to see how you’re doing. Juice fasting or other cleanses are also options for your stay. We will not recommend what you should do but rather we will follow the dietary guidelines you provide us.
Sugar Ridge offers a variety of retreats and events throughout the year which you are welcome to join. Visit our Calendar of Events for a complete listing. Availability for a private retreat i.e. not part of a group event, depends on the needs of an organized retreat. We therefore, cannot guarantee individual cabin accommodations more than one month in advance – but we generally have a good sense of group size for scheduled events. If there is a group retreat happening during your stay, the retreat activities are not included in your stay. You must join a retreat in order to be involved in the activities of that group.
Want to be in Silence?
Meals can be timed to minimize contact with others if you are cultivating an introspective silence. We will respect your silence and inform other guests who may be here to avoid conversation etc. with you. You are welcome to use the studio for your private practice as long as there is not a group retreat happening during your stay.
Artists Love it here!
Discover the vibrant pallet of Sugar Ridge. Each season provides an abundant array of hues and tones to capture on canvas. Whatever your medium, you will connect to the creative part of you in the solitude of this natural setting. The shades of grey in November are as stunning as the yellows of August and the sparkling snow in January is magical.
Writers are welcome!
Whether it be finding the time to finish your thesis or to write a novel, Sugar Ridge is the perfect place to focus on the task. There is no TV or phone to distract you. Wireless internet allows you to stay connected as needed.
Most people escape here on their own so our Personal Getaways are rated for 1 Person. Rates can vary depending on which meals you want with your stay. Most guests park the car and have all meals here, but some like to venture to local restaurants if they’re out sightseeing. The daily rate for a Personal Getaway (one person) including 3 meals and accommodation is $215 per night, 3-5 nights is $209 per night and 6-7 days is $195 per night. If you are booking a getaway for more than just yourself, the rates are less, not multiples of rates quoted here.
Private cabin accommodation with full breakfast for 1 or 2 people is $169 + HST. If you have more than 2 people staying in your cabin additional fees apply depending on their age. Children under 5 are free of charge, children ages 6- 12 are $15 per night and adults are $35 per night. This charge includes their accommodation and breakfast.
Other meals can be added to your stay as you wish: lunch is $19 per person and dinner is $35 per person. Rates for kids are less. For a longer term stay please call for a quote.